Emma Taylor of Bury St Edmunds Counselling respects your privacy and as such
we protect your personal information.
Emma Taylor of Bury St Edmunds Counselling is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your client relationship with Emma Taylor of Bury St Edmunds Counselling. This policy explains the types of client personal information we obtain, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled with sensitivity and appropriately.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded. Personal information includes such things as age, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records (excluding counsellors notes). Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
• Counsellors notes - (in accordance with BACP Guidelines)
• Public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed
• Professional and business directories available to the public certain public
• registries and court records certain other publicly available printed
• electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
We are accountable to you, Emma Taylor of Bury St Edmunds Counselling is responsible for all personal information under its control.
We obtain your prior consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information.
We limit collection of your personal information to only what is needed to carry out our relationship and fulfil our responsibilities.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
• communicating with you generally
• processing your information
• processing and keeping track of meetings and reporting back to you
• protecting against fraud or error
• to comply with legal and governmental requirements.
We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information. Emma Taylor of Bury St Edmunds Counselling uses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. Emma Taylor of Bury St Edmunds Counselling does not sell or rent personal information to any organisation or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organisations.
Emma Taylor of Bury St Edmunds Counselling keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use.
The security of your personal information is a priority for Emma Taylor of Bury St Edmunds Counselling and we take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held.
• Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed.
• Provide you with access to your personal information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information.
• Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
Emma Taylor of Bury St Edmunds Counselling responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
How to contact us: